Salvation Army Hampers
Typically, the Grange Hill East Neighbourhood Group assists residents in need of holiday support by hosting local application sessions. This exceptional year, those requesting a hamper must sign up in person at a designated site. The following offers a summary of what to expect.
In 2020, hampers will be replaced by gift cards for everyone’s safety. Toy hampers will still be on offer for those with children. Gift cards will be distributed in amounts of:
- $50 for 1 to 2 people per household
- $100 for 3 to 4 people per household
- $150 for 5 or more people per household
When to Apply: Between November 4 and December 9, 2020 – various sites across the city. Timing differs for each site.
Where to Apply: Please review the linked poster to find the best date and time for you.
- The Royal Canadian Legion (57 Watson Pkwy S). This is the site closest to Grange Hill E.
- Application at this site will take place on November 25 and 26, 2020.
What to Bring. Identification MUST be presented for each person applying (including children). Please bring/wear a face mask.
Hamper Pick-Up/Distribution Site:
- Gift Cards will be handed out at the time of registering.
- Families receiving toys must plan to pick up their hampers on December 15 and 16 at the Salvation Army Guelph Citadel (1320 Gordon St, Guelph).
Need a little assistance with picking up toys? If you are unable to get to the pickup/distribution site on December 15 and 16, 2020 let us us know, either by filling out our Hamper Support Request (link to form) or contacting our Neighbourhood Support Worker directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At this point we are looking at options for helping with distribution.
Closest Application Spot
The Royal Canadian Legion, 57 Watson Parkway S.
This is the closest location for registering for a hamper. It is on bus route number 4. Please double-check the list of dates/times registration is available and make sure you have identification for each family member.